Turn up the heat on your next date night in with this classic Roman dish. Shout out to our friends over at Cayenne Agency for this killer recipe. 🔥
Stock up on any 4+ bottles and score 10% off your next order with ARRABBIATA at checkout through 6/14.
Pasta all' Arrabiata
[time: 30 min] serves 4
- 1 pound of pasta
- 1 14-ounce can of crushed tomatoes
- 1/2 cup tomato paste
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 shallots
- 4 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 6 basil leaves
- lots of crushed red peppers, to taste
- 1 1/2 cup Pecorino Romano
- sea salt & black pepper
1. Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Salt the water til it tastes like the ocean! Add noodles of your choice and cook for about 2 mins less than the package says. We want our noodles al dente! Drain pasta, but save 1/2 cup of water to add to sauce.
2. In a saucepan heat olive oil, garlic, and chopped shallots over medium heat. Cook until golden and fragrant.
3. Add tomato can and crush till you reach your desired texture. Continually stir while adding in tomato paste. Begin to spice things up with crushed red pepper! Let simmer on moderate heat for around 8 minutes.
4. Add in pasta and toss, covering noodles evenly. Add a little cooking water if needed to loosen up the pasta.
5. Plate, top with freshly grated cheese, basil and black pepper.
6. Buon appetito!