September 9, 2022 |
Tank Garage Winery
Occhiali da Sole X Pasta with Roasted Tomato Sauce
One of our favorite things about the harvest season is the sharing of abundance with friends, family and the community. We were gifted a bounty of heirloom tomatoes from a friend's garden this week and we had the perfect recipe in mind to use them: a simple roasted tomato sauce over pasta paired with crisp white wine.
For this recipe, we look towards our newly released Occhiali da Sole, a skin-contact Trousseau Gris from Fannuchi-Wood Road Vineyard in Russian River Valley. Tap the button below for the recipe, and start cooking!
Stock up on any $250+ online order and score $25 off your next order with code: OCCHIALI at checkout through 9/15.
Roasted Tomato Sauce
[time: 30 min] serves 4
- 3 pounds ripe tomatoes, cored and halved
- 1 head of garlic, peeled
- 2 shallots, roughly chopped
- 2-3 sprigs of fresh oregano (or 1 tsp dried)
- 10 fresh basil leaves, torn or roughly chopped (or 1 tsp dried)
- parmesan, grated
preheat oven to 400°
1. Line a baking sheet with foil and drizzle with olive oil. Scatter with peeled garlic cloves and chopped shallots.
2. Place peeled and cored tomatoes cut side down on the baking sheet and drizzle with 1-2 Tbs olive oil.
3. Roast tomatoes, garlic and shallots in 400° oven for 30 minutes.
4. Add oregano and basil to pan and continue roasting for 10 minutes or until the tomato skins begin to loosen.
5. Allow pan to cool and gently remove tomato skins and herb stems and discard.
6. Add roasted items to a blender and generously season with salt and pepper to taste. Pulse until smooth and strain to remove seeds (optional).
7. Serve over your favorite pasta, top with grated parmesan cheese and enjoy!